Finally used the oven and mixer which I bought late last year! The Cornell CCO-22GY and Philips HR1565 worked perfectly. So happy! =) such cheap, good buys. $66 for the oven n $59.90 for the mixer. Only thing is, I dun think a regular 12-muffin tray can fit inside. Oh well.
Anyway, on to my first bake in say, 14 years? Impromptu decision to bake and I chose Oreo cupcakes. I tweaked the vanilla cupcake recipe from Noobcook and added crushed Oreo cookies and some water to the dilute the batter. The icing I got from a BigOven recipe posted by Kimography.
CUPCAKES
INGREDIENTS (makes 12 mid-sized cupcakes, I did 2 batches of this)
110 grams unsalted butter cut to small cubes and melted at room temperature
110 grams caster or super fine sugar sifted
110 grams self-raising flour sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder sifted
crushed Oreo cookies (estimated amount)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
INSTRUCTIONS
Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases (about half filled).
Bake in preheated oven of 175°C (350°F) for about 20 minutes, until the top just turn golden brown.
Remove the tins from oven and cool for 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes and cool on a wire rack.
FROSTING
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 3/4 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
crushed Oreos
INSTRUCTIONS
Mix together butter, confectioners sugar, and a pinch of salt until it's creamy.
Increase your mixer speed to high and beat until its light and fluffy.
Add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat until it's smooth.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi, Angel .. I had bought one Cornell CCO-22GY electric oven too but every time i bake, the cookies easily get scorched at the bottom part. When i lower the temperature, the cookies crisp enough :( can you teach me how to use that ? Kindly reply to this email : ccy.amber@gmail.com
DeleteThank you ~
Hi Amber,
DeleteI end up double panning for some of my bakes. Also, sometimes whatever I'm baking is cooked just nice but the top isn't browned, so i switch to the grill function for like a minute or 2 at the end but you will have to be very quick after that as it browns really fast.